Sunday, September 4, 2016

Rosaries - Extra Strong

Making rosaries is something you do from your heart.  For me, it is more of a calling than a business.  However, you have to pay for your supplies so that is where the "business" facet comes in.  My goal is to sell enough rosaries to buy more supplies and continue to create these beautiful building blocks to prayer.  As a retired teacher, I'm not trying to make a living with my rosaries.  I hope to let a little light shine through each one.  

Strong rosaries aren't something that everyone looks for in a rosary. A rosary can be delicate looking, yet strong.  That is what I've learned about making some of my rosaries with stainless steel wire.  The reason I know this wire is the strongest is because when I make a rosary out of 20 gauge stainless steel wire, the proof is on my hands.  Due to the strength of the wire and the strength you need to turn the wire into the loops you need in your rosary, you create a callus on several places within your hands.  When I first started making stainless steel rosaries, I noticed that my hands were no longer smooth on the inside.  I decided it was proof that these rosaries are extra strong. 

An example of a stainless steel rosary that I have in my shop is below.  Under normal use, it would be next to impossible to break the wire on this rosary.  

The beads that I use are vintage beads because I like the fact that they are difficult to find and it makes my rosaries unique.  Each of us, that make rosaries, try and make our own set of characteristics that make our store stand out.  For me, the vintage beads make each rosary or chaplet so much fun to make and an heirloom treasure.  

Matthew 5:16
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Rosary - Handmade - Catholic Gifts - Red - Crystal Vintage Beads - Swarovski beads - Miraculous Medal Centerpiece - Made in USA - Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...