Monday, August 8, 2016

St. Francis of Assisi Chaplet



The Chaplet of St. Francis of Assisi:

Prayers: On each set of three beads, pray one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be.  

Concluding prayer is optional:

Most high, glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me Lord, a correct faith, a certain hope, a perfect charity, sense and knowledge, so that I may carry out Your holy and tree command.  Amen. 

or

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

*******************************************************************
Chaplet of St. Francis of Assisi pg. 61 taken from How to Make and Pray Rosaries & Chaplets by Tyra and Seth Murray;  The Rosary Shop Copyright 2006  


No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...