Saturday, August 13, 2016

Rosary Redesigned

Rosary Redesigned

Today as I was looking over my rosaries and chaplets that I made for my Let Our Light Shine Etsy store, there was one set of beads that I felt had something missing. It was an entire rosary made with iridescent blue beads.  The photos hardly do them justice as the colors are so strikingly beautiful, it is hard to capture this even for a photographer. In any case, I knew they needed something special.  My goal, when I make each rosary or chaplet, is to create a heirloom rosary and chaplet that will be something very special. 

Originally when I made these beads, the decade beads were so beautiful (blue with shimmering purple and gold) that I decided to leave the Our Father beads the same bead as the decade beads.  As I looked at these beads closely today, I decided the design needed a little tweaking, so I searched through my vintage bead collection, and then removed the Our Father beads and replaced them with beautiful Austrian crystal beads.  These vintage beads, which I collected more than 25 years ago, were full of rainbow colors in the light and would make the perfect upgrade to these already beautiful rosary beads.  

Lesson learned... even when you have completely finished a design, there is still room to improve.  Don't leave it the way it is unless you are in love with the finished product. Now, it is ready for someone special.  God Bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...