Thursday, August 18, 2016

What is an "unbreakable wire" rosary?

This rosary is made using an "unbreakable wire" technique.  The idea is to put each section of the rosary together in such a way that each loop is intertwined with the previous loop.  You actually make the bead section with wire that has been wrapped on each side; keeping the bead in place and without leaving any closures that may open.  The beads are still subject to break so you still need to be careful with your rosary because even if the beads don't break, they could scratch. 

I also use key-chain links on the centerpiece and crucifix so that they do not fall off accidentally.  You have to really focus on what you are doing as you make this rosary because if you are like me, and get distracted once in a while, you have completed the loop, wrapped the wire and forgotten to add the next link... so you have to cut it apart and do that whole section over again.  


Many people love to carry the one decade rosary since it has 11 beads, rather than 59.  It fits in the palm of your hand or around your wrist with the remainder in your hand.  

Many of my rosaries are made out of stainless steel.  The purpose is to be the strongest, yet lightweight, rosary possible.  Stainless steel does not tarnish and will look the same many years from now.  

Another unique feature of this one decade rosary is that it is made using a flat shaped wire.  If you look at the photos closely, you will see that the wire is more flat and curves beautifully around each post.  

Each rosary that I make has at least one vintage crystal bead.  I love the colors and shapes of these beautiful beads and most of my Our Father beads are made with crystals.  The decade beads are vintage glass or smaller crystal beads.  

If you would like to see more information on this particular one decade rosary or others I have in my shop, please click on the link below the photo.  Each rosary is unique and no two are exactly alike.

Remember to pray every day because prayer can move mountains.
God Bless!  Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...