Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Rosaries - Love the Crucifix, Centerpiece, and Medals

One of my favorite things about making rosaries, in addition to mix and matching vintage beads, is choosing the crucifix and centerpiece and/or medal.  I try my best to make a variety of each so that my customers have a choice, and not everything is the same.  My focus, as I make items for my store, is for customers to find an heirloom or gift that will last many, many years and a unique rosary.  

When you open a shop, you have to decide if you want pre-made items that are available and can be mailed immediately or items that are made to order. I use vintage beads and a traditional rosary has 59 beads.  It would be unusual to have more than one set of beads that are identical and even if I did have more, I would not want to make two rosaries that are exactly alike.  The creativity of having each one unique and beautiful is my goal.  So, all of my rosaries are pre-made and there is only one item available exactly like the item for sale.  One of the joys for me in design, is to put together a rosary that I feel is special, just for you.  And when you look at it, you will know it is the perfect gift and the colors and design are perfect for you or your loved one. 

One of the most difficult things for me to do is not to order hundreds of crucifixes, centerpieces, and medals.  I have hundreds now, but I love to look and collect more.  I also love the wire available and want additional tools, that I really don't need, but would be a luxury item in my toolbox.   The artist in me wants more supplies and the business person in me says... wait, sell more first, then buy more supplies.  It is a balancing act for sure. 

Tonight I finished another one decade rosary. I have not posted it as yet and will post it tomorrow.  It is referred to as an unbreakable rosary. Look for it tomorrow.  I love the one decade rosary because you can pray the same as your traditional beads but with your rosary sitting completely on one hand.  

Earlier today, I posted a baby blue one decade rosary which looks like this:  

The pearl glass beads were taken from a necklace from the 60s and the beautifully cut crystal, Our Father Bead, was also from the 60s.  They are simply beautiful and of course the crucifix and center match the blue theme.  They would make a wonderful gift or a special item to keep.

I hope you enjoy my daily story about my Etsy store: Let Our Light Shine.  I hope that through my rosaries many more prayers will be lifted up.  God Bless!  

Jen  
 http://letourlightshine.us


No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...