Monday, August 22, 2016

St. Francis Quotes - Franciscan Pet Blessing

I finished a new St. Francis Chaplet tonight for my Let Our Light Shine store on Etsy.  I will list and photograph it tomorrow and share photos.... As I worked on this chaplet, I was reminded of many of St. Francis' quotes.  I will share a few of my favorites.

(As a Christian vegan who loves all of God's creatures so much, this is a favorite quote of St. Francis:)
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."


"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

"For it is in giving that we receive."

"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."


"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love."

" If God can work through me, he can work through anyone."

"It is in pardoning that we are pardoned."


"Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self."

Franciscan Pet Blessing:
Dearest God, Heavenly Father, maker of all living creatures, we ask you to bless ________, who brings so much joy into our lives. By the power of Your love, enable him/her to live according to Your plan. May we always praise You for all Your beauty in creation. Blessed are You, God, in all Your creatures! Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...