Monday, October 3, 2016

New Pope Francis Chaplet - New Antiqued Copper Bracelet - Awaiting Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Matthew is right around the corner as we wait on updates in Central Florida.  The last hurricanes (yes, I said hurricanes) that I experienced in force were in 2004 when I had just moved into my current house and FOUR hurricanes came through Florida that year. We had no power for two weeks and spent most of our time, after the first storm, sitting in lawn chairs in the front yard because it was so hot. After those four storms, I purchased storm shutters and have not used them since.  However, this month, this year, they may be pulled out again and I'm hoping they still fit.  Of course, we could just get a little wind, if it stays off shore but I don't think we can ever be overly confident and must prepare with the basics... water, food, and of course pet food.  

In the meantime, I am enjoying adding a couple of new designs in my Etsy shop.  One is a Pope Francis Chaplet which is made with beautiful vintage Swarovski clear crystals.  These beautiful crystals pick up all the colors in the rainbow when they hit bright light.  I took photos in indirect light from the sun and the blue from the sky is picked up beautifully in the crystals.  Pope Francis loves animals and so do I, being a Christian vegan myself, this quote from Pope Francis really stands out to me: “Every act of cruelty towards any creature is ‘contrary to human dignity.'” Please take a look at the new chaplet with Pope Francis medal just added to my shop today.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482968359/handmade-pope-francis-chaplet-with?ref=shop_home_feat_1

I also added an antiqued copper bracelet which I enjoyed making out of raw copper wire, then antiqued.  I double wrapped each section and used the unbreakable wrapping technique which gives such strength to each piece.  This bracelet is one of the few that do not have a Christian charm.  I didn't add a charm because it may be used by a woman or a man.  It will just depend on the size of the wrist.  Please take a look at this bracelet.  I want to make one to keep, as I truly love the way it looks.


***Free Shipping on all items in my
 Etsy store!***

As we keep our eyes peeled on Hurricane Matthew, I have a few projects planned to keep me busy. Many prayers for all those people in the storm's path and I'm praying for a hedge of protection around my loved ones. 
God Bless!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

It has been a few months since I last posted a blog.  I have a few ideas that I haven't worked out but I am working.  I don't know i...